Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites

I found this gem of a recipe online. I love anything with bacon and could not resist trying this one out.

8 chicken tenders, flattened and cut into two
3-oz. cream cheese, softened
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped 
8 slices of bacon, cut in half

Spoon about a 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese on top of each chicken tender. Sprinkle a scant 1/4 teaspoon of chopped jalapenos onto the cream cheese. Fold or roll chicken to enclose the cream cheese mixture. Wrap each roll with half a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick.

Grill until bacon is brown and crispy on both sides.

When I first made these, I did not have a grill to grill them on. I went with baking them in the oven. I also found just having plain cream cheese inside the chicken to be boring. I added a little garlic with the cream cheese and some finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I did not have any other cheese in the house, otherwise I might have tried some Parmesan. Still it was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment