Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jalapeno Bites

I was watching the food network (like I'm always doing) and one of the shows featured Jalapeno Bites. It looked so good and so easy to make that I thought I'd give it a try.

1 (8-oz pkg.) cream cheese, softened
8 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
4 Tbsp. seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers
1 large egg, beaten
3 cups dry plain breadcrumbs

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix the cream cheese, Parmesan, jalapenos and egg to form a paste. Shape into balls using about 1/2 tablespoon of paste for each. Roll the balls in the breadcrumbs. Place on an un-greased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm.

Notes: Instead of breadcrumbs, I used panko for a nice light crunch. Also I beat the eggs first before adding in the cream cheese, parmesan and jalapenos. I thought they were good but these have a very powerful Parmesan flavor. I really think it needed something to keep the flavor from getting too old. I think it might go really well with a marinara sauce for a dip.

For those who want to know where I got the original recipe - here it is...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/jalapeno-bites-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment