Thursday, October 17, 2013

Modenese Pork Chops

I think this should be called "Mmmmmmmodenese Pork Chops". It is that good. I found this gem of a recipe when the store I shop at - had a sale on pork chops. Here I had some yummy looking pork chops, but no recipe to inspire me. Its not everyday that I buy pork chops so I wanted a recipe that will elevate this special occasion. What this recipe had done was made my husband and I a lover of pork chops. I've made this several times already and it is fast becoming a once a week meal.

Modenese Pork Chops

4 Tbsp butter
4 (1-inch thick) Pork Chops
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
2 cloves garlic, minced

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook chops in butter, turning once to brown evenly.

Pour in wine, and season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until chops are tender. Transfer pork chops to serving plates, and spoon sauce over the meat.

That is it! So simple and yet very, very delicious! 
I only use two pork chops - since there is only my husband and I, but even with just two pork chops, there is not a whole lot of sauce left since it reduces quite a bit. If you make four chops, I'm not sure if you'll have any sauce left in the pan. Also, my husband and I love garlic, so I tend to be heavy handed when I add it. ;)

If you try out this recipe, write me back and tell me just how delicious (and simple!) this dish really is. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment